We are seeking to appoint an outstanding school administrative assistant. This role is a vital post to the smooth running of our busy primary school and provides an excellent opportunity for the right person to join our friendly and efficient team. This role is temporary in the first instance with a possibility of becoming permanent.
Contract: Temporary and term time only
Hours: 37.5 per week (negotiable); 8:30-4:30pm daily
General administration job description
• Update manual and computerised record/information systems
• Update and maintain the school calendar
• Manage and organise completed forms from parents
• Organise and distribute incoming and outgoing post
• Provide administrative support to staff as needed
• Book training courses for all staff
• Carry out filing, printing and photocopying.
• Assist with organising parents’ evenings and other meetings and events, including the organisation of rooms and equipment, and providing refreshments as required
• Upkeep of school dinner information, inc dietary needs
• Oversight of free school meals documentation.
• Collating accident report forms.
• Assist Receptionist at busy times of the day and cover at lunchtime.
• Coordinating school photographs
• Collation of permissions for trips etc
• Production of After School Club prospectus.
• Data input.
• Coordinating with school nurse re: medical immunisation
• Coordinating the swimming with our PE teacher and Bloxham pool
• Organisation of the cycle training with year 6 annually.
• Any other reasonable tasks as directed by Headteacher or Bursar
GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above (or equivalent)
ICT skills, including word processing, excel
Further or Higher educational qualifications
Appropriate admin training
Willingness to undertake appropriate additional training
Basic knowledge of excel computer programme
Experience of working in a school office
Experience with Office 365 email system
Experience and knowledge of SIMS or similar school MIS
Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to work in a team
Willingness to undertake any directed appropriate training
Excellent organisational skills
Ability to work under pressure and remain calm
Ability to prioritise tasks
Commitment to excellent relationships with parents, staff, and children
Commitment to safeguarding
Working knowledge of the current Primary educational world
Capacity to be innovative
Please email you completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Oxfordshire schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post involves the type of work with children and young people, that requires applicants to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post. All cases are considered confidentially and according to the nature of the role and information disclosed
Report Highlight Ad